Transitions Program Fees
Please be aware of the following costs associated with Transitions.
- There is no additional fee for students to attend Transitions. The cost for this program is included in the one-time $250 enrollment fee.
- $35 per person. This fee includes daytime programming, program materials, resources, and lunch.
Overnight Program (Student or Family Participant)
- $50 per person. An Overnight Program is offered to students and family members the evening PRIOR to Transitions, and includes evening programming and a shared double-occupancy room in a residence hall, bed and bath linens, dinner prior to and breakfast the day of Transitions in the dining hall.
- The cost of the MPT is $35 per test. If a student takes the MPT during orientation, the $35 cost will be added to the student’s account after taking the test. Students are then responsible for paying the charge on their account according to Western’s student account deadlines.
- There is an anticipated fee for the Spanish Placement Test; the amount has not yet been confirmed. We will update the Schedule section, FAQ #21 about the SPT and other areas of the website as soon as it is confirmed.
Parking, North & South campus
- Parking will be available in the C (Commuter) gravel lots on the south end of campus. All vehicles must obtain a valid permit from the parking office or the pay box in the parking lot. While the New Student Services/Family Outreach office will cover the cost of the parking fee, you will be ticketed if your vehicle does not display a valid permit. Please still obtain a permit!
Specific parking instructions regarding obtaining parking permits and a campus map will be included in your orientation confirmation packet sent to you via postal mail after you make a reservation.
For more information about parking and transportation, visit the Parking Services website or check out the Campus Map/Parking Guide.
Additional meal tickets (siblings and guests)
- Additional meal tickets for the BBQ lunch (for siblings and guests) can be purchased at the BBQ for $10. Additional meal tickets for the dining halls (for siblings and guests) can be purchased in the dining hall for the following cost (+ tax): breakfast - $8.31, lunch - $11.03, dinner - $12.71. For guests age 4-11, reduced dining rates may apply; please inquire with the dining staff.
Refunds are not available after the reservation deadline: 5:00pm, Friday, July 15.