In order to make a reservation, you must ensure your Universal Account is activated. Activate your Universal Account at www.wwu.edu/activate.
Transitions reservations are now closed.
If you were unable to attend Transitions orientation for new transfer students, here are your next steps for advising and registration assistance:
1. Beginning on July 29th students can call the Academic Advising Center at 360-650-3850 to schedule an appointment with an advisor. During your appointment you will have the chance to review how your credits transfer to Western, plan for your major, and prepare for registration on September 2nd at 8:00am.
2. Before arriving for your scheduled advising appointment, you must first review some general advising information and policies online. If prior to your advising appointment you have not completed the online advising tutorial, your appointment will be rescheduled. You can access the online advising tutorial via the Academic Advising website. You will need your student ID number (WID) to access the tutorial. Allow yourself approximately 30 minutes to complete tutorial.
If you have any questions, please contact the Academic Advising Center by e-mail or at 360-650-3850.
We look forward to meeting with you and helping you plan for a great first quarter at Western! For other questions about the transition to Western, please contact New Student Services ⁄ Family Outreach by e-mail or at 360.650.3846.
Transitions Program Fees
Please be aware of the following costs associated with Transitions.
- There is no additional fee for students to attend Transitions. The cost for this program is included in the one-time $250 enrollment fee.
- Family Orientation
- $35 per person. This fee includes daytime programming, program materials, resources and lunch.
- Overnight Program – (student or family participant)
- $50 per person. An Overnight Program is offered to students and family members the evening PRIOR to Transitions, and includes evening programming and a shared double-occupancy room in a residence hall, bed and bath linens, dinner prior to and breakfast the day of Transitions in the dining hall.
- Math Placement Test
- $30 cash or check only.
- Parking, North campus
- Parking will be available in two areas. Parking in the 3R lot, the residential lot near Higginson Hall, is available at a cost of $10/day. Parking in the C (Commuter) gravel lots on the south end of campus is free (New Student Services/Family Outreach will cover this fee). Additional parking instructions regarding obtaining parking permits will be included in your program confirmation.
Overnight Program participants may choose to park in either the 3R lot for $10/day or in the C (Commuter) gravel lots for free. You may purchase/obtain a permit upon arrival at the closest parking pay box. Additional parking instructions regarding obtaining parking permits will be included in your program confirmation.
*SPECIAL NOTE: Permits are NOT required (parking is free) in the gravel lots from Friday at 4:30pm – Monday at 7:00am.
- Additional meal tickets (siblings and guests)
- Additional meal tickets can be purchased in the dining hall for the following cost (+ tax): breakfast - $7.88, lunch - $10.41, dinner - $12.05. For guests age 4-11, reduced dining rates may apply; please inquire with the dining staff.
Refunds are not available after the reservation deadline
5:00pm, Friday, July 18.