Summerstart Program Fees
Please be aware of the following costs associated with Summerstart.
- There is no additional fee for students to attend Summerstart. The cost for this program is included in the one-time $250 enrollment fee.
- $65 per person. This fee includes programming, workshops, materials and resources, lunch, dinner and breakfast the following morning.
Family Orientation with Overnight
- $90 per person. This fee includes all components of Family Orientation, plus shared accommodations in the residence halls.
Math Placement Test
- The cost of the MPT is $35 per test. If a student takes the MPT during orientation, the $35 cost will be added to the student’s account after taking the test. Students are then responsible for paying the charge on their account according to Western’s student account deadlines.
Spanish Placement Test
- The cost of the Spanish Placement Test has been confirmed at $5.
Parking, North & South campus
- Parking will be available in the C (Commuter) gravel lots on the south end of campus. All vehicles must obtain a valid permit from the parking office or the pay box in the parking lot. While the New Student Services/Family Outreach office will cover the cost of the parking fee, you will be ticketed if your vehicle does not display a valid permit. Please still obtain a permit!
Overnight Program participants will also park in the C (Commuter) gravel lots. Permits are NOT required 4:30pm – 7:00am (M-F and all weekend); permits ARE required at all other times (see note above).
Specific parking instructions regarding obtaining parking permits and a campus map for your specific lot will be included in your orientation confirmation packet sent to you via postal mail after you make a reservation.
For more information about parking and transportation, visit the Parking Services website or check out the Campus Map/Parking Guide.
Additional meal tickets (siblings and guests)
- Additional meal tickets for the dining halls (for siblings and guests) can be purchased in the dining hall for the following cost (+ tax): breakfast - $8.31, lunch - $11.03, dinner - $12.71. For guests age 4-11, reduced dining rates may apply; please inquire with the dining staff.
Refunds are not available after the reservation deadline: 5:00pm, Thursday, July 21.