Reservations to reserve a space at Summerstart will occur via this website.
The reservation system will open June 1st and be open June 1 – July 23.
In order to make a reservation, you must ensure your Universal Account is activated. Activate your Universal Account at www.wwu.edu/activate.
- 98% of student participants would recommend attending Summerstart to fellow incoming students.
- 88% of student participants indicate satisfaction with their class schedule after registering at Summerstart.
- 98.9% of family participants would recommend attending Summerstart to other families.
New freshmen who do not attend Summerstart must make a reservation to attend Fall Advising & Orientation on Monday, September 21. Check out the Fall Advising & Orientation website for more information and keep updated on all our Western Welcome Week activities. Reservations for Fall Advising & Orientation will open on July 24th and be open July 24 – September 14.
Summerstart Program Fees
Please be aware of the following costs associated with Summerstart.
- There is no additional fee for students to attend Summerstart. The cost for this program is included in the one-time $250 enrollment fee.
- $65 per person. This fee includes programming, workshops, materials and resources, lunch, dinner and breakfast the following morning.
Family Orientation with Overnight
- $90 per person. This fee includes all components of Family Orientation, plus shared accommodations in the residence halls.
Math Placement Test
- $30 per test. Pre-registration/pre-payment for the MPT can be made online after the Summerstart reservation system opens; otherwise, students must bring $30 (cash or check ONLY) to the test.
Parking, North & South campus
- Parking will be available in two areas. Parking in the 3R lot, the residential lot near Higginson Hall, is available at a cost of $10/day. Parking in the C (Commuter) gravel lots on the south end of campus is free (New Student Services/Family Outreach will cover this fee). Whether in the 3R lot or the C lots, you must obtain and display a valid permit in your vehicle. Additional parking instructions regarding obtaining parking permits for both lots will be included in your program confirmation.
SPECIAL NOTE: Permits are NOT required (parking is free) in the gravel lots from Friday at 4:30pm – Monday at 7:00am. For more information about parking and transportation, visit the Parking Services website or check out the Campus Map/Parking Guide.
Additional meal tickets (siblings and guests)