In order to make a reservation, you must ensure your Universal Account is activated. Activate your Universal Account at www.wwu.edu/activate.
- 98% of student participants would recommend attending Summerstart to fellow incoming students.
- 88% of student participants indicate satisfaction with their class schedule after registering at Summerstart.
- 98.5% of family participants would recommend attending Summerstart to other families.
Reservations for Summerstart 2014 are now closed.
New freshmen who did not attend Summerstart must make a reservation to attend Fall Advising & Orientation on Monday, September 22. You can learn more about Fall Advising & Orientation on our website and be sure to keep updated on all our Western Welcome Week activities.
Summerstart Program Fees
- Summerstart -- There is no additional fee for students to attend Summerstart. The cost for this program is included in the one-time $250 enrollment fee.
- Math Placement Test -- $30 cash or check only.
- Family Orientation -- $65 per person. This fee includes programming, workshops, materials and resources, lunch, dinner and breakfast the following morning.
- Family Orientation with Overnight - $90 per person. This fee includes all components of Family Orientation, plus shared accommodations in the residence halls.
- Parking, North campus -- For convenience, parking will be available at a cost of $10/day in residential lots (3R or 4R) located adjacent to the north campus residence halls or $4/day in the C (Commuter) gravel lots adjacent to and across from the Fairhaven residence hall. Additional parking instructions will be included in your program confirmation.
- Additional meal tickets -- (for siblings and guests) can be purchased in the dining hall for the following cost (+ tax): breakfast - $7.88, lunch - $10.41, dinner - $12.05. For guests age 4-11, reduced dining rates may apply; please inquire with the dining staff.
Western Washington University